Thursday, September 8, 2011

Preseason Task Two





Get Real - no more excuses!


Michelle says to address the excuses and then banish them!  She explained that there are three types of excuses; Internal excuses, External excuses within your control and external excuses that are not controllable or foreseeable.  

So... I thought about the last few years... I wrote down the excuses I could think of and ones that I had used.  I then came up with a catchall solution for each of Michelle's categories.  And you know what?  The excuses are not going to work this time because I'm not gonna let them!

I love Michelle's theory that exercise should be as much a part of our day as brushing our teeth or putting on our shoes.  How cool would that be?  I can't walk on many surfaces without shoes and feel yucky when I've not brushed my teeth so to actually feel different if I've not exercised would be awesome!

While I address these excuses I will extinguish the following three behaviours: comfort eating, eating when not hungry and eating junk.  I can do this, I know I can.

So, I'm gettin' real!  I WILL be accountable for every single morsel that goes into my mouth.

P.S. Season opened today, I've written up menu for next week, printed out class schedules, made a snack chart, etc!! I know I won't keep blogging in preseason task order, because I'm just SO excited about the tasks I'm completing.  But if it's not in order, so what? At least I'm getting to it!

See ya soon
Shan x

No comments:

Post a Comment